Just with your chicken thighs, barbecue sauce, and water you are ready to enjoy a delicious meal that will make your day great. Be grateful and eat healthily and your day is blessed! This instant pot (pressure cooker) bbq chicken thigh recipe will make your day blessed. For oven baked bbq chicken recipe check this delicious bbq chicken recipe in oven.
Learn how to make your own homemade bbq sauce. This recipe will take you about 20 minutes to prepare – 10 minutes for the preparation and 10 minutes for cooking. We only made this for 4 servings. For quicker recipe, check out this instant pot bbq chicken breast, which is prepare in 13 minutes.
In this recipe, we discussed the simple way to make your own barbecue sauce. Just add all the ingredients listed below for bbq sauce in your food processor and process the mixture until it becomes smooth and well combined. That’s basically how to make bbq sauce!
Cooking with sugar-free ketchup is the preferred option. You can try something else if you wish to. I promise you, it will still come out yummy.
Ready In: 20 mins (Prep time: 10 mins; Cook time: 10 mins)
Ingredients For BBQ Chicken Thigh
- Chicken thighs (or drumsticks) – 8 ~ 3lbs
- Water – 1 cup
For Homemade BBQ Sauce:
- Brown sugar – 1 1/2 cups
- Ketchup (with no sugar preferred) – 1 1/2 cups
- Red wine vinegar – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Liquid smoke – 1 tablespoon
- Worcestershire sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Dry mustard powder – 2 tablespoons
- Smoked paprika – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic powder – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Hot pepper sauce (or more) – 1 tablespoon
How To Make BBQ Chicken Thigh
- Add all the ingredients for bbq sauce in a food processor and process the mixture until it becomes smooth and well combined.
- Divide the sauce mixture into two and place them in different bowls.
- To one of the sauce bowl, add a cup of water and stir thoroughly to combine well.
- Transfer the mixture to your instant pot.
- Add the chicken to the sauce.
- Close the lid and seal valve.
- Cook at high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once done, natural pressure release for 10 minutes.
- Then release the remaining pressure manually.
- Now, preheat your oven to broil.
- Line the baking sheet to be used with aluminum foil.
- Transfer the cooked chicken onto the sheet.
- Then use the remaining bbq sauce from the other bowl to cover the chicken.
- Broil the chicken until it becomes crispy.
- Then serve with more bbq sauce and use chopped green onions to garnish it.