You can’t get it yummier and healthier than this! I have prepared many barbecue chicken dishes and this bbq chicken recipe with my oven is my favorite so far. Sticky, tasty, and mouth-watering oven baked bbq chicken made at 400°F.
It took me about 1 and half hour to prepare, but the dish is worth the time. You can make your bbq sauce ahead and preserve it for up to 5 days with your refrigerator.
However, ensure that the barbecue sauce is at room temperature before you brush it on the roasted chicken.
Make this healthy delicious barbecue chicken for your family, friends, or guest, and feel the love from everyone. If you have a large family, make it in large quantity because the kids like anything barbecue a lot.
One of the reasons I like this particular bbq chicken recipe is that you can preserve the leftovers with airtight container for about four days. It will never get spoiled.
Ready In: 1 hour 20 mins (Prep Time: 15 mins; Cook Time: 1 hour 5 mins)
Serves: 4 – 6
Ingredients For Healthy BBQ Chicken
- Chicken pieces (bone-in, skin-on) – 2lb
- Kosher salt – 2 teaspoons
- Garlic powder – 1 teaspoon
- Barbecue sauce – 3 cups
How To Make Healthy BBQ Chicken
- Arrange a rack at the middle of your oven and heat your oven to 400F.
- Line the baking sheet to be used with foil.
- Mix the garlic powder and salt in a bowl, put the chicken on the rimmed baking sheet and season with garlic mixture.
- Layer the chicken separately with the skin-side down, and then bake for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, use a saucepan and simmer the barbecue sauce over a medium-high heat for about 20 minutes, or until it reduces to about half.
- Remove the chicken from heat and increase the temperature of the oven to about 450F.
- Brush all over the chicken with the barbecue sauce.
- Return the brushed chicken to the oven and roast for extra 10 minutes.
- Bring the chicken out again and brush with more sauce.
- Return the brushed chicken to the oven and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Repeat step 9 and 10 two more times until the chicken becomes sticker with darkened spots.
- Transfer the baked chicken to your serving dish and serve with the remaining sauce.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
- Calories: 573
- Fat: 23.7g
- Carbohydrates: 58.7g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sugars: 47.5g
- Protein: 29.4g