Very chunky and perfect for real keto diet. The drawback – this low carb chunky chili recipe only takes few hours to make. But you know what? Chunky Beef Chili is one of my favorite dishes. I don’t play with this healthy meal because it makes me feel good each time I eat it. I will do everything possible to have this meal in my table.
However, with this recipe, you will find the meal interesting to prepare because the process is seamlessly stress free and easy to follow. Luckily, you can freely substitute the sour cream with Homemade Creamy Dairy-free Coconut Paleo Sour Cream. Enjoy!
Ready In: 6 hours (Prep Time: 10 mins, Cook Time: 6 hours)
Ingredients for Chunky Beef Chili
- Ground beef – 1 ¼ lb
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Medium sized yellow onion (chopped) – ½
- Garlic (peeled and minced) – 2 cloves
- Chili powder – 1 ½ tablespoons
- Cumin – 2 teaspoons
- Sea salt – 1 ½ teaspoons
- Smoked paprika – 1 teaspoons
- Garlic powder – 1 teaspoons
- Coriander powder – ¼ teaspoons
- Cayenne pepper – ⅛ teaspoons
- Beef broth – 1 cup
- Water – ⅔ cup
- Canned pumpkin (unsweetened kind) – ¼ cup
- Canned diced tomatoes – 1 cup
- Tomato paste – 2 tablespoons
- Cauliflower (finely chopped) – ⅔ cup
- Zucchini squash (diced) – 1 cup
- Grated cheddar cheese (optional) – ⅔ cup
- Avocado (chopped) – ½
- Sour cream, optional or can use homemade paleo dairy-free sour cream – 3 tablespoons
You may also like:
How to make keto Chunky Beef Chili
- Over a medium-high heat, brown the ground beef in your frying pan.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook till translucent.
- Transfer the sautéed mixture into a slow cooker.
- Except the topping Ingredients, add other Ingredients into the slow cooker. Stir thoroughly.
- Slow cook on low for about 6-8 hours or on high for about 4-6 hours.
- Stir and transfer to your serving plate.
- Top with the topping Ingredients and serve.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving – ½ cup)
- Calories: 420 kcal
- Carbs: 8.5g
- Net Carbs: 4.5g
- Fiber: 4g
- Fat: 32g
- Protein: 22g
- Sugars: 3g