The taste of this Chinese chicken fried rice is just amazing, especially considering how simple and straightforward the recipe is. Rice, shredded egg, chicken and soy sauce all stir fried together to make a dish that tastes so delicious and satisfying!
Mind you – never use warm rice or rice that you have just cooked. Always use COLD rice. You have to plan ahead and use thoroughly chilled cooked rice. If you are in a hurry or want to make this on impulse, just cook a fresh batch of rice. Then spread it out on a baking sheet or pan, cover the rice with a layer of plastic wrap, then place in the fridge for 30 minutes (or in the freezer for 10-15 minutes) until it is thoroughly chilled (not frozen).
Also, use butter. Yes, butter. Using butter is way better than just any kind of oil. There’s a reason why Japanese steak houses use that big ol’ slab of butter when they’re making fried rice. It just tastes so much better, and makes everything brown up perfectly.
Feel free to throw in your favourite veggies – carrots, green peas, e.t.c. You can also use mixed veggies if you like.
Total time: 15 minutes (Prep time: 5 mins, Cook time: 10 mins) Serves: 4
Ingredients For Chinese Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- Cooked white rice (cold) – 2 cups
- Chicken meat (cooked and chopped) – 1 cup
- Egg – 1
- Soy sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 1 tablespoon
- Onion (chopped) – 1
- Vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon
- Ground black pepper – 1 teaspoon
How To Make Chinese Chicken Fried Rice
- Beat egg and water together in a small bowl. Place a large skillet over medium-low heat and melt butter in it. Add egg mixture and leave flat for about 1-2 minutes. Remove egg from skillet and cut into shreds.
- Heat the vegetable oil in the same skillet. Add onions and saute until it is soft.
- Add rice, chicken, soy sauce and black pepper. Stir fry together for up to 5 minutes then stir in the egg. Serve and enjoy!
- Calories – 255kcal
- Fat – 10.2g
- Carbohydrates – 25.9g
- Protein – 14.1g
- Cholesterol – 83mg
- Sodium – 516mg