Consisting of a blend of olive oil, fresh spices and lime juice, this chicken fajita marinade has got the perfect zesty fajita flavouring. The marinade can also be used for Mexican style burritos, tacos and nachos. If you’re a lover of Mexican food, you definitely have to try this recipe.
The minimum time to soak your chicken in this fajita marinade is 30 minutes, and 8 hours at most. Be careful not to soak for a longer period of time so that the acid in the lime juice used in the recipe won’t change the texture of the chicken.
Feel free to play around with the recipe by adding other fresh herbs like cilantro leaves or spices like mixed can chipotle peppers. You can also add some orange or lemon juice for a different flavour. The marinade equally works well with other proteins like flank steak and shrimps.
Total time: 41 minutes (Prep time: 10 mins, Cook time: 1min, Marinating time: 30 minutes) Serves: 4
Ingredients For Easy And Quick Chicken Fajita Marinade
- Olive oil – 1/4 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Lime juice – 1/3 cup
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Kosher salt – 11/4 teaspoons
- Ground cumin – 1/4 teaspoon
- Garlic (minced) – 2 cloves
- Smoked paprika – 11/2 teaspoons
- Onion powder – 1 teaspoon
- Chilli powder – 1-2 tablespoons
- Pepper – 1/4 teaspoon
How To Make Easy And Quick Chicken Fajita Marinade
- Combine the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin, onion powder, smoked paprika, water, sugar, kosher salt, pepper and chilli powder in a bowl. Stir well.
- Add 1 pound of sliced chicken, 11/2 cups sliced bell pepper, and 1/2 cup sliced onionS to the bowl. Toss to coat.
- Marinate the chicken for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to 8hours. Cook chicken as desired.
- Calories – 141kcal
- Carbohydrates – 5g
- Protein – 1g
- Fat – 14g
- Sodium – 762mg
- Fiber – 1g
- Sugar – 2g
Recipe source: Dinner at the zoo