Make the summer brighter with these cilantro garnished chicken rice bowls. These rice bowls only take your 35 mins to get prepared, cooked, and ready for lunch. I enjoy it a lot for lunch, but my friend prefers it for dinner.
So, you can alternate it if you like it for both dinner and lunch. If you are taking it for both dinner and lunch, then this recipe makes 4 servings to take you for two dinners and two lunches.
Ready In: 35 mins (Prep Time: 15 mins, Cook Time: 20 mins)
Ingredients for Cilantro Lime Chicken & Rice
For The Rice:
- Basmati rice – 1 1/2 cups
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cilantro leaves (roughly chopped) – 1/2 cup
- Fresh lime juice – 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
For The Cilantro-lime Aioli:
- Mayonnaise – 1/4 cup
- Fresh cilantro leaves (finely chopped) – 2 tablespoons (plus more leaves for serving)
- Minced jalapeño – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh lime juice – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic powder – 1/8 teaspoon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For The Bowl:
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Chicken Breast Strips – 3 cups
- Frozen (or fresh) corn kernels – 2 cup
- Taco seasoning – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- 15-oz. can of black beans (drained and rinsed) – 1 can
- Avocado (sliced) – 1
- Cherry tomatoes (quartered) – 1 1/2 cups
How to make Cilantro Lime Chicken & Rice
- For the rice, mix the rice, ½ teaspoon of salt, and 1 ¾ cup of water in a saucepan and bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover the pan and lower the heat to medium-low heat.
- Cook for about 17 minutes, till the water is well absorbed and rice becomes tender.
- Remove the saucepan from heat.
- With your fork, fluff the rice and add line juice, cilantro, and olive oil.
- Make the aioli while the rice is cooking. Whisk the mayonnaise, jalapeño, garlic powder, cilantro, lime juice, and 2 tablespoons of water in a bowl.
- Season the mixture with pepper and salt.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken breast strips to the skillet. Cook for about 4 minutes or till warm, tossing occasionally. Transfer to your plate.
- Put the skillet back onto the heat.
- Add the corn and cook for about 2 minutes or till it becomes warm. Remember to toss occasionally, and then transfer to a plate once done.
- Add the remaining olive oil and taco seasoning to the skillet.
- Stir constantly while cooking over medium heat till spices become toasted, approximately 30 seconds.
- Add the black beans, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or till the beans become warm. Then remove from heat.
- Transfer the rice to four serving bowls.
- Top with the black beans, avocado, corn, chicken breast strips, and tomatoes.
- Drizzle the aioli over the bowls and garnish with cilantro.