These cookies are not just delicious, but they are rich with protein, fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. Enjoy it for breakfast, or general snacking. They are that absolute power-treat for on the go.
Ready in: 20min (Prep: 15min, Cook: 5min)
- Granulated sweetener, such as Splenda – 20g
- Porridge oats – 80g
- Wholemeal flour – 125g
- Soya flour – 45g
- Bicarbonate of soda – 1 3/4 teaspoons
- Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon – 2 teaspoons
- Ground nutmeg – 1 teaspoon
- Pumpkin puree – 125g
- Rapeseed oil – 1 tablespoon
- Water – 2 teaspoons
- 2 egg whites
- Black treacle – 1 teaspoon
- Linseed – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Preheat oven to about 1800C (Gas 4).
- Whisk the baking powder, sweetener, wholemeal flour, oats, soya flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the rapeseed oil, pumpkin puree, egg whites, water and black treacle. Then stir in linseed, if desired.
- Now roll into 14 large balls, and then flatten on a baking tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. PLEASE DO NOT OVERBAKE: If you bake it too much, the cookies will come out really dry.