I was reading a book this morning on Anti- inflammatory recipes, I found a substantial amount of information on alot of recipes. One of the most interesting thing I found was how Omega 3 fatty acid can help reduce inflammation in your body. Omega 3 fatty acid is a special class of fatty acid found in fish oil, especially from cold water fish and salmon. It has low cholesterol. Omega 3 has alot of benefits but we will only focus on how Omega 3 fatty acid can reduce inflammation ( Anti-inflammatory ) in the body. This recipe will only take you 20 minutes to prepare
Our recipe for today, Walnut and Salmon are both great sources of Omega 3 fatty acid. It’s always delicious when the salmon recipe is cooked with a simple salad and roasted potatoes. Salmon and Walnut helps reduce inflammation ( Anti- inflammatory ) in your body.
Total time: 20mins ( Prep time: 10 mins, Cook time: 10min )
Ingredients For Walnut Rosemary Crusted Recipe
- Dijon mustard- 2 teaspoon
- Clove garlic ( minced )- 1
- Lemon zest- 1/4 teaspoon
- Lemon juice- 1 teaspoon
- Chopped fresh rosemary- 1 teaspoon
- Honey- 1/2 teaspoon
- Kosher salt- 1/2 teaspoon
- Crushed red pepper- 1/4 teaspoon
- Panko bread crumbs- 3 tablespoons
- Finely chopped walnuts- 3 tablespoons
- Extra virgin olive oil- 1 teaspoon
- Skinless salmon fillets( fresh and frozen)- 1 ( 1 pounds )
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Chopped fresh parsley and lemon wedges for garnish
How To Make Walnut Rosemary Crusted Salmon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine mustard, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, rosemary, honey, salt and crushed red pepper in a small bowl. Combine panko, walnuts and oil in another small bowl.
- Place salmon on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the mustard mixture over the fish and sprinkle with the panko mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Lightly coat with cooking spray.Bake until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 8 to 12 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
- Calories: 222
- Fat: 12mg
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Sodium: 256mg
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Sugar: 11g
- Protein: 24g