For earlier information, this rich and delicious vegetarian curry is made with Quorn and Chickpeas. Try to serve it over basmati rice.
Ready in: 50min (Prep: 15min, Cook: 35min)
- Vegetable oil (divided) – 2 tablespoons
- Quorn pieces – 1 (350g) packet
- Medium onion (chopped) – 1
- Garlic (crushed) – 3 cloves
- Cumin seed – 1/2 teaspoon
- Black mustard seed – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground turmeric – 1 teaspoon
- Ground cumin – 1 teaspoon
- Ground coriander – 1 teaspoon
- Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato purée – 1 dessertspoon
- Chickpeas (drained) – 1 (400g) tin
- Chopped tomatoes – 1 (400g) tin
- Vegetable stock – 250ml (8 fl oz)
- Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- Over a medium high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan or wok.
- Cook the Quorn in the heated oil until it turns golden brown, and then set aside.
- Using the same frying pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over a medium heat.
- Cook the garlic, onion, cumin seed and mustard seed in the heated oil for about 3 to 5 minutes until the onion becomes soft.
- Then season with the ground turmeric, coriander, cumin, chilli powder and salt.
- Mix in the tomato purée, and then stir in Quorn, chickpeas, vegetable stock and chopped tomatoes. Bring it to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
- Now, remove from heat and mix in the garam masala. Then serve!