Probably the reason why I still get cravings for that combo of cheese, sour cream and bacon is because of its attractive appearance,because with eat with our eyes as humans. If you want to stay true to the vegetarian lifestyle while remaining keto, the solution is embedded in seasoning.
Yes! seasoning is the way to go.Smoked paprika can also not be removed from this classic combination as it is a great tool in vegetarian cooking because it gives this meal a beautiful smoky aroma and flavor. These seasoned cooking jewels,mushroom melt into the layers of shredded cheddar and pepper jack,it is a good replacement for bacon.
With the addition of a little salt, sour cream, and chives to garnish the flavor and look,you will be surprised with the number of friends you would have make in such a short time.
Ready in (Prep: 10 mins; Cook 35 mins)
- Large Mexican squash (halved and seeds removed) – 3
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Whole cremini mushrooms (diced) – 3
- Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- Smoked paprika – 2 teaspoons
- Worcestershire sauce – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Shredded pepper jack cheese – 2 ounce
- Shredded cheddar cheese – 2 ounce
- Sour cream – 3 tablespoons
- Chopped chives – 2 tablespoons
- Make sure your oven is preheated to 375°F. After you are done preheating, Prepare the squash by washing thoroughly, now remove the ends and slice each into halves.
- Get a spoon and now, carefully scrape the seeds from the zucchini halves and discard them.
- Now go on to sprinkle the zucchini skins with adequate salt according to your taste and wait for a while to pat out the water, get a towel to pat dry
- Now drizzle the diced mushrooms with smoked paprika ,oil , salt, Worcestershire and toss to coat.
- Take your time to arrange the mushrooms and zucchini on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes or sometimes till the mushroom get a brown coloration
- Remove the zucchini from the oven and top with the roasted mushrooms and shredded pepper jack and cheddar cheese.
- Now go on to bake for 10 minutes sometimes it could be less but look out for bubbling and melting of the cheese,when you get the bubbling or melting ,you are on track
- Now go on to add sour cream and chives.
Add the sour cream and chives according to your taste,no hard and fast rules here.