With this wonderful Greek collard wrap you will never regret being on vegan diet. Veganism can be difficult when you see yourself eating vegetables always. I mean, no one wants to eat a bunch of vegetables wrapped in a vegetable.
However, this meal is full of square cut veggies and thick hunks of salty feta complimented by the creamy tang of tzatziki. Tzatziki is actually got from Greek yogurt, garlic, grated cucumber, and lemon. This Greek collard meal can be made in a jiffy, you could as well add Kalamata olives or Greek flavors like marinated artichoke hearts or pepperoncini rings to spice it up.
Ready in: 30mins (Prep:10 mins, Cook: 20 mins)
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Full-fat plain Greek yogurt(full-fat) – 1 cup
- Garlic powder – 1 teaspoon
- White vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Cucumber (seeded and grated ¼-whole) – 2.5 ounces
- Minced fresh dill – 2 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- The Wrap
- Large greek collard green leaves (washed) – 4
- Medium-size cucumber, preferably julienned – 1
- Medium-size red bell pepper, preferably julienned – ½
- Purple onion, diced – ½ cup
- Whole kalamata olives (halved) – 8
- Feta, cut into 4 (1-inch thick) strips (4-oz) – ½ block
- Large cherry tomatoes (halved) – 4
- Nutrition breakdown accounts for approximately 2 tablespoons of tzatziki per wrap.
- The first thing you want to do after sorting out your ingredients is to mix all of the ingredients for the tzatziki sauce together and then store in the freezer or fridge. This is very essential, squeeze all of the water out of the cucumber after it has grated.
- Then you should start Preparing the greek collard green wraps by washing the leaves well and removing the fibrous stem from the leaves
- Afterward, you should spread two tablespoons of tzatziki on the center of each wrap and then take some time to smooth the sauce out.
- Now spread your onion, olives, feta, cucumber, pepper, and tomatoes in the center of the wrap. I’ve shown them spread out in a line to display each ingredient, try to spread them in a well-arranged way, that will make each ingredient distinct from other ingredients.
- Now fold it just like a burrito, fold the edges of the leaves on both ends towards the center.
- Then go on to slice in halves and serve.
You could also serve with any leftover tzatziki or wrap in plastic for a quick lunchtime meal!