Your vegetarian chilli is a great base recipe. The wonderful thing about it is that meat eaters will never guess it is vegetarian!
Ready in: 1hr 10min (Prep: 10min, Cook: 1hr)
- Quorn mince – 350g packet
- Black beans, rinsed and drained – 2 (400g) tins
- Red kidney beans (rinsed and drained) – 2 (400g) tins
- Borlotti beans (rinsed and drained) – 1 (400g) tin
- Chopped tomatoes – 2 (400g) tins
- Tomato juice – 340ml (12 fl oz)
- Onions (chopped) – 5
- Chilli powder – 3 tablespoons
- Ground cumin – 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Garlic (minced) – 2 clove or 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Bay leaves – 2
- And freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- In a large pot, combine all the ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cover it.
- Allow the chilli to simmer for about 1 hour before you can serve it.