Vegan’s Chicken Pot Pie Empanadas is a nice pie to make your day cool. Just follow these steps to prepare this delicious pie.
Serve: 7 – 8
- Vegetable broth – 2 1/2 cups
- Flour – 1/2 cup
- Nutritional yeast – 1/4 cup
- Garlic (minced) – 1 pc
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Frozen or Canned and drained corn – 1/2 cup
- Frozen or canned and drained diced carrots – 1/2 cup
- Frozen or canned and drained peas – 1/2 cup
- Vegan crescent roll dough – 2 cans
- Vegan chicken (cut into tiny cubes) – 1/2 lb.
- Heat your oven to a temperature of about 350°F.
- Put your flour into a large pot and stir continuously over low amount of heat until lightly toasted.
- Add oil and stir continuously to make a roux.
- Then slowly whisk in the broth and nutritional yeast.
- Add the vegetables, garlic, and vegan chicken.
- Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Separate the vegan crescent roll dough pieces.
- Place a spoonful of the filling on one piece of dough and place another piece of dough on top.
- Press the edges together with a fork to seal.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.