Healthy and perfect for breakfast. These low carb vegan vanilla waffles is one of the best healthy low carb snack to go for when looking for a perfect breakfast snack or desert. Not only that this super healthy vanilla waffle is easy and quick to make in the morning, it is gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, and paleo friendly.
What do you need for this? Just with little quantity of oat flour, flax, non dairy milk, vanilla powder and vanilla extract, you are ready to have a supper delicious, fluffy, and healthy vanilla waffle.
Ready In: 10 minutes (Prep Time: 5 mins, Cook Time: 5 mins)
Ingredients for Low Carb Vegan Vanilla Waffles
- Oat flour (you can use any wheat flour) – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla brown rice protein powder – 1/2 scoop ~ 17 g
- Granulated sweetener of choice – 1 tablespoon (optional)
- Ground flax – 1 tablespoon
- Baking powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Non dairy milk (divided) – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1/4 teaspoon
- Maple syrup/coconut butter (for topping)
How to make Low Carb Vegan Vanilla Waffles
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add the baking powder, vanilla extract, flax, and ¼ cup of the milk in another bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Allow the mixture to settle for about 5 minutes to enable it gel up.
- Heat the waffle iron.
- Meanwhile, combine the two mixtures in one bowl.
- Add the remaining milk and mix till the batter becomes thick.
- Then put the batter on the waffle iron and cook till it becomes crispy on the outside while fluffy on the inside.
- Repeat this till all batter is used up.