These vegan muffins are sweetened with agave nectar. Why? Agave nectar is lower on the Glycemic Index than other sugars. Also try and add berries for tasty and pretty touch. In place of the regular plain flour you can use plain whole-meal flour, or 30g of each.
Ready in: 20min (Prep: 5min, Cook: 15min)
Makes: 6 muffins
- Polenta (corn meal) – 70g
- Plain four – 60g
- Bicarbonate of soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Apple sauce – 8 tablespoons
- Soya milk – 120ml
- Agave nectar – 4 tablespoons
- Rapeseed oil – 2 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to about 1700C (Gas 3). Grease a muffin tin to be used.
- In a large bowl, combine the polenta, bicarbonate of soda, flour and salt.
- Stir in the agave nectar, apple sauce and soya milk.
- Gently add the oil while stirring.
- Then pour the mixture into the muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 – 20 minutes until the skewer or small knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.