What do you consider as perfectly roasted brussels sprouts? In my opinion, it has to be really crisp and golden on the outside while being tender on the inside, full of sweet, nutty and caramelized flavour you can’t just resist. If my thoughts and yours are in line (and I bet they are!), then you’re in for a treat with this amazing roasted brussels sprouts recipe I’m about to share.
To ensure that this recipe turns out perfectly, choose your brussels sprouts wisely. Choose bright green brussels sprouts with intact outer leaves, that feels firm when squeezed gently. Typically, smaller sprouts are sweeter so you can go for them. However, make sure to choose sprouts of roughly the same size so they can be done at the same time.
In addition, you need to trim and halve the sprouts. First of all, slice off the nubby ends – they’re tough and we don’t need them anyway. Then cut each sprout in half, starting from the flat base to the top. To ensure that the sprouts come out as crispy as we like, make sure you don’t overcrowd the pan. This is because when they’re crowded, they can produce so much steam that they won’t eventually crisp up.
Total time: 30 minutes (Prep time: 10mins, Cook time: 20mins)
Ingredients For The Best Roasted Brussels Sprouts Ever!
- Brussels sprouts – 1 pound
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Fine sea salt – 1/4 teaspoon
How To Make The Best Roasted Brussels Sprouts Ever!
- Turn on the oven and preheat to 425°F. Line your baking sheet ( preferably large and rimmed) with parchment paper, this is just to make cleanup easier.
- Remove any damaged or discoloured leaves from the sprouts and cut off the nubby ends. Afterwards, slice each sprout in half from the flat base to the top.
- Place the sprouts on the baking sheet, add olive oil and salt. Toss around lightly until the sprouts are evenly coated. Then arrange the sprouts in an even layer, making sure their flat sides are facing down.
- Roast the sprouts in the oven for about 20 – 25 minutes until they are deeply golden on the edges and tender. Serve warm. Garnish with grated parmesan or a light sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
- Calories – 133kcal
- Carbohydrates – 15.2g
- Protein – 5.7g
- Fat – 7.5g
- Cholesterol – 0mg