Super Yummy and Easy Keto Cornbread Mug Cake
Take it from me, this keto cornbread recipe I’m about to share is simply awesome! If you think you’ve eaten the best keto (corn free) cornbread there is, wait till you try out this recipe. I’m sure you’d rethink your conclusion…this recipe is just the best.
This low carb cornbread recipe is super easy and quick to whip up. With just a few ingredients that you’d definitely have in your kitchen or get at your nearest grocery store, a bowl and a skillet, you’re good to go. The cooking instructions are also very explanatory – it’s that easy to make!
This recipe is keto-friendly as the traditional wheat flour and cornflour is substituted with coconut flour. The best alternative cornbread recipe for keto cornbread with flaxseed, keto cornbread with corn extract, keto cornbread with baby corn and keto coconut almond cake. Interestingly, this super healthy cornbread gives you the great taste you will always crave for.
Here’s a quick tip for you…you can make this low carb cornbread mix ahead of time. Just keep it frozen till you’re ready to eat it. It goes well with bacon, butter (serve this generously with it), jalapenos and cheddar cheese. These add-ins all taste wonderful with the cornbread and takes it to a whole new level of delight!
Ready In: 30 mins (Prep time: 10 mins, Cook time: 20 mins)
Ingredients for Keto Cornbread
- Melted butter – 6 tablespoons
- Heavy whipping cream – 1/3 cup
- Eggs (large) – 3
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Sweetener – 2 tablespoons
- Coconut flour – 1/2 cup
- Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
How To Make Keto (Low Carb) Cornbread
- Turn on the oven and preheat to a temperature of 350 degrees. Then, spray the skillet (preferably 10inches) or baking pan (preferably 8×8) with a non-stick spray.
- Put the eggs, butter and cream in a bowl and whisk till they are well combined.
- Add and stir in the salt, baking soda, sweetener and coconut flour. Make sure they are well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the skillet or baking dish.
- Place the skillet or baking dish in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when a tester comes out clean or the edges become golden.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
- Calories – 167
- Fat – 15g
- Cholesterol – 106mg
- Sodium – 291mg
- Carbohydrates – 4g
- Sugar – 1g
- Protein – 4g
- Fiber – 3g