If you’re a lover of North American flavors and spicy heat, then this rose harissa spaghetti recipe is definitely for you. Even if you’ve not had any encounter with North American dishes at all, this would absolutely blow your mind!
Traditional harissa is a spice source of Tunisian origin. Its basic constituents are spicy dried/fresh peppers, garlic, caraway, cumin, olive oil and lemon juice, although there are a number of variations to this. Rose harissa on the other hand has an addition ingredient – dried rose petals and/or rose water. This adds an unexpected floral counterbalance to the smoky, spicy peppers.
The addition of the rose petals in rose harissa makes it more prominent in dishes. This is due to the fact that rose is a less common flavor, hence, it’s picked up more easily by the palate.
This rose harissa spaghetti recipe involves stirring rose harissa through spaghetti and juicy cherry tomatoes. It’s a perfect low-calorie and high fibre vegetarian dinner. It’s easy, quick and very affordable. Most importantly, it’s super deliciooouuuss!!!!! Gimme!
Total time: 25 minutes (Prep time: 5 mins, Cook time: 20 mins)
Ingredients For Super Easy And Yummy Rose Harissa Spaghetti
- Cherry tomatoes – 125g
- Spaghetti – 200g
- Rose harissa – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic (sliced) – 1 clove
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1 teaspoon
- Low-fat yogurt – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon (juiced) – 1/2
- Water – 2 tablespoons
- Seasoning – to taste
- Basil (torn to pieces) – 4-5 leaves
How To Make Super Easy And Yummy Rose Harissa Spaghetti
- Place a non-stick frying pan on medium heat and add olive oil. Add garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Add tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of water and cook till the skins of the tomatoes start to split. Add the yoghurt and harissa, season to taste and stir. Keep warm.
- Cook spaghetti following the pack instructions and drain well (reserve a little of the pasta water). Stir in the spaghetti into the sauce, adding about 1 tablespoon of the pasta water. Add lemon juice and basil. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Calories – 433kcal
- Fats – 7.6g
- Carbohydrates – 69.1g
- Protein – 16.4g
- Fiber – 11.5g
- Sugar – 5.3g