With just four ingredients you are ready to make sugar free shortbread biscuits that are perfect to enjoy with your tea. These biscuits are not overly sweet. You can look for other sugar substitutes in supermarkets.
Ready in: 2hr 25min (Prep: 10min, Cook: 15min, Extra time: 2hr chilling)
Makes: 20 biscuits
- Sugar substitute (such as Splenda) – 4 tablespoons
- Butter (keep at room temperature) – 160g
- Plain flour – 200g
- A pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to about 1800C (Gas 4). Line up a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Beat the Splenda and butter with an electric mixer until it becomes fluffy and light.
- Then gradually add the flour and salt.
- Now flour your work surface, and roll out the mixture on a large rectangle of about 1 to 2cm thick, and slice into fingers.
- Transfer the biscuits to the baking tray.
- Chill in a fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Then bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Allow it to cool and store in an airtight container.