This wonderful recipe creates the most delicious sugar-free cheesecake for me. Serve alongside fresh berries, whipped cream and/or your favorite topping.
Ready in: 8hr 15min (Prep: 15min, Extra time: 8hr chilling)
Makes: 1 23cm square cheesecake
- Sugar-free biscuits (crushed into crumbs) – 150g
- Unsalted butter – 115g
- Ground cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon
- Unflavored gelatin – 1 1/2 (11g) sachet
- Grated lemon zest – 1 teaspoon
- Boiling water – 250ml
- Light cream cheese – 225g
- Vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
- Double cream (whipped) – 100ml
- Preheat oven to about 180 C (Gas 4).
- Combine the biscuit crumbs, butter and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Mix it very well and press into the bottom of a 23cm2 tin.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from oven and allow it to cool.
- Dissolve the gelatin in boiling water. Allow it cool until it becomes thickened, but not set.
- Then add the lemon zest to the gelatin mixture above.
- Beat cream cheese and vanilla in a large bowl, until it becomes smooth.
- Blend in gelatin, and fold in whipped cream as well.
- Pour filling into base, and sprinkle top with digestive biscuit crumbs. Refrigerate overnight.