Sugar free fruitcake is certainly for those on sugar-free diet. So if you are on a sugar-free diet or diabetic, try this cake made with lots of nuts, dried fruits and spices.
Ready in: 1hr 55min (Prep: 15min, Cook: 40min, Extra time: 1hr soaking)
Makes: 1 loaf
- Artificial sweetener – 8g
- Orange juice – 80ml
- Dried cranberries (chopped) – 110g
- Sultanas – 165g
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Walnuts (chopped) – 175g
- Tinned pineapple (crushed) – 240g
- Grated lemon peel – 25g
- Desiccated coconut – 75g
- Ground mace – 1 teaspoon
- Ground allspice – 1 teaspoon
- Bicarbonate of soda – 1 teaspoon
- Plain flour – 200g
- Preheat oven to about 170 C (Gas 3). Grease and flour the loaf tin to be used.
- Mix the artificial sweetener with the orange juice.
- Pour the mixture over the chopped cranberries.
- Soak for 1 hour, mixing often.
- Mix the sultanas, grated lemon, coconut, walnuts into flour until well coated.
- Then add the cranberries and orange juice mixture.
- Sprinkle the bicarbonate of soda over mixture above, and mix.
- Stir in the pineapple and spices.
- Now pour the mixture into the greased and floured loaf tin(23cm).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Allow it to cool before eating.