This sugar free berry cake is made with loads of delicious berries, fresh or frozen. The berry to use is up to you! If the berries you are using are large, cut them into smaller pieces to suit your taste. If you need a sweeter cake, then you can add an additional two to five tablespoons of sweetener. If you are using frozen berries, try and thaw them first
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
Makes: 1 sugar free cake
- Butter, melted and cooled – 170g
- Milk – 235ml
- 3 eggs
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Granulated sweetener (such as Splenda) – 10 tablespoons
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
- Plain flour – 375g
- Fresh or frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc.) – 250g
- Whipped cream, to garnish – 250ml (optional)
- Preheat the oven to about 1800C (Gas 4). Grease and flour two cake tins (20cm or 23cm).
- In a large bowl, stir the vanilla, melted butter, eggs, milk and sugar substitute together.
- Combine 375g of flour and the baking powder, and stir into the wet ingredients until it becomes blended.
- Fold in the berries you are using.
- Then spread evenly in the prepared tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes, until the skewer inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy
TIP: Invert one of the cakes on a cake platter, and then cover the top with whipped cream. Place the second cake on top of the first cake and cover with more whipped cream. You can then place fresh berries on top of the cake for garnish.