A lower calorie, sugar free banana bread with delicious extras for a lighter treat with your favourite cuppa. If you prefer, you can leave out the walnuts and/or sultanas.
Prep:20min › Cook:50min › Ready in:1hr10min
- Margarine – 30g
- Splenda or any other sugar substitute – 25g
- Crushed egg – 1 ball
- Big bananas – 2
- Self-rising flour – 185g
- Ground cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
- Bicarbonate of soda – 1 teaspoon
- Chopped walnuts – 60g
- Sultanas – 85g
- Milk – 2 tablespoons
- Preheat your oven to about 180oC (Gas 4), and grease a medium sized loaf tin to be used.
- Pound the sugar substitute and margarine together. Do this until they become soft and fluffy.
- Add the crushed egg and mix thoroughly. Do same for the bananas, but mash the bananas before adding, and stir in well.
- Now, sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, and cinnamon into the mixture above.
- While stirring with a spoon, add walnuts and sultanas.
- Add milk and carefully stir in well.
- Then, pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50 to 60 mins, or till the skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.