This appetizing salad combines your stir-fried chicken and turkey rashers in a piquant dressing (hot) with sweet cherry tomatoes and creamy avocado. These turkey rashers give savory flavor, and thus, serve as great alternative to bacon when it comes to low-fat diets.
Ready in: 25min (Prep: 15min, Cook: 10min)
- Olive oil – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Garlic cloves (cut into slivers) – 2
- Fillets of skinless boneless chicken breasts (cut into strips) – 300 g
- Clear honey – 2 tablespoon
- Balsamic vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Wholegrain mustard – 1 tablespoon
- Turkey rashers (diced) – 100 g
- Avocado and tomato salad
- Lettuces – 2 Little Gem separated into leaves
- Watercress sprigs – 55 g
- Ripe avocados – 2
- Lemon juice – ½ lemon
- Cherry tomatoes (halved) – 250 g
- Thinly sliced red onion – 1 small bull
- First thing to do is to prepare the salad.
- Then put the watercress and lettuce in a large wide bowl.
- Peel the avocado and thickly slice it. Then toss it with the lemon juice to prevent discoloring.
- Scatter the avocados, red onion and tomatoes on top of the watercress and lettuce. Don’t miss the salad; set the salad aside.
- In a large frying pan heat the oil. Add the garlic to it and stir round the pan for about 30 seconds or until it softens.
- Now toss in the chicken strips, and stir-fry for about 3 minutes or until it changes color.
- Add the vinegar, honey and mustard, and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Then add the diced turkey rashers and stir-fry for about 1 min or until cooked, but still moist and tender (Note: Do not overcook so that they don’t become dry).
- Season it to taste, and spoon the chicken mixture over the prepared salad.
- Finally toss together and serve immediately with a crusty bread.