Are you looking for super healthy food that is perfect for busy days? This simple but mouthwatering mango chicken recipe is all you need. Prepare and store in your refrigerator with an airtight container for up to 5 days. Very easy and quick mango recipe to serve the whole family. The kids enjoy it a lot.
Among all the savory mango recipes in my food journal, this healthy mango chicken recipe is my number one go-to recipe on busy days. One skillet Asian-inspired dish garnished with sesame seeds and fresh cilantro, and ready in 15 minutes.
Ready In: 15 minutes (Prep Time: 5 mins; Cook Time: 10 mins)
Ingredients For Mango Chicken Dish
- Sesame oil – 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Boneless and skinless chicken breast (diced into small pieces) – 1.25 pounds
- Garlic (finely minced) – 3 – 4 cloves
- Ground ginger – 1 – 2 teaspoons
- Coleslaw mix (shredded green cabbage and carrots) – 1 bag (14-ounce)
- Reduced-sodium soy sauce – 1/2 cup – 2/3 cup
- Hoisin sauce – 2 – 3 tablespoons
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Mango (diced into 1-inch cubes) – 1.5 – 2 cups
- Peanuts (you can use salted or honey-roasted) – 2/3 cup
- Fresh cilantro (for garnishing or to taste) – 1/3 cup
- Sesame seeds (for garnishing) – 1 – 2 tablespoons
How To Make Mango Chicken Dish With Sesame Seed
- Add the oil and chicken to your skillet and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until the chicken is well cooked. Flip the chicken occasionally to ensure it’s fully cooked all-round.
- Put the ginger, and garlic o the chicken and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the coleslaw and drizzle over with soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and pepper.
- Stir thoroughly and cook until the cabbage becomes tender and wilted about 5 minutes.
- Remove it from heat and stir in the mango and peanuts.
- Sprinkle evenly with cilantro, and sesame seeds.
- Then serve.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
- Calories: 811
- Fat: 45g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 31g
- Protein: 57g