Enjoy your Scramble Tofu Burritos with Soy Chorizo and Beans. Get the ingredients below from the nearby grocery, and make this yummy Tofu Burritos for your family. You will thank me for this. Below are the steps to follow.
Serves: 4 – 5
- Brown Rice (uncooked) – 1 cup
- Red salsa – 1/3 cup
- Taco seasoning – 1 teaspoon
- Hash browns or Frozen potatoes – 1 cup Canned black beans (drained) – 1 cup
- Soy chorizo – 8 oz.
- Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoon
- Nutritional yeast – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Wheat tortillas – 4 Vegenaise – 1/4 cup Vegan cheese shreds (optional) – 1/4 cup Firm tofu (drained and crumbled into bite-sized pieces) – 1 block
- Heat the oven to a temperature of 350°F. Boil 2 cups of water. and add the brown rice
- Reduce the heat, and let simmer, covered, for about 45 minutes.
- Then let the rice sit, covered, for another 15 minutes. Or better still, cook the brown rice in a rice cooker with 2 cups of water.
- Stir the salsa and ½ tsp taco seasoning into the cooked rice.
- Bake the frozen potatoes in the oven until cooked through for about 15 minutes.
- Place the beans in a small pot and cook on the stovetop, over a medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Heat the soy chorizo in a small frying pan for about 5 minutes and add water as needed to prevent sticking.
- Oil another frying pan and cook the tofu over medium heat.
- Add the nutritional yeast, turmeric, remaining ½ teaspoonful taco seasoning, and salt and pepper.
- Simmer until the tofu is warm and excess liquid has evaporated. (Optional: Add the vegan cheese shreds and simmer until melted).
- Warm the tortillas in the oven or microwave.
- Layer ½ cup cooked rice, ¼ cup black beans, ¼ cup soy chorizo, ¼ cup potatoes, and ½ cup tofu scramble on each tortilla, roll into a burrito, and drizzle with 1 tablespoonful Vegenaise.