One of the delicious and healthy anti-inflammatory recipes you can prepare is roasted salmon with spicy cranberry relish. It is a delicacy that fits your lifestyle, This anti-inflammatory recipe gets it’s refreshing taste from celery and apple. It’s always amazing to eat alongside a pork or roasted chicken.
This is a meal that’s healthy for pregnant women and has low calorie coupled with low sugars and dairy free.
Total time: 30 mins (Prep time: 10 mins, Cook time: 20 mins)
Ingredients For Roasted Salmon With Spicy Cranberry Relish
- Skin-on salmon fillet- 2 pounds
- Cloves garlic, peeled and chopped – 1
- Kosher salt, divided – 1/2 teaspoon
- Whole black peppercorns, cracked – 1/2 teaspoon
- lemon, zested and cut into wedges – 1
- Extra-virgin olive oil, divided – 2 tablespoons
- Dijon mustard- 2 teaspoons
- Small shallot, minced – 1
- Serrano pepper, seeded – 1
- Medium Granny Smith apple, peeled and finely diced – 1
- Stalk celery, finely diced – 1
- Balsamic vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Chopped fresh parsley, divided – 2 tablespoons
How To Make Roasted Salmon With Spicy Cranberry Relish.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place salmon on the prepared pan. Mash garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, peppercorns and lemon zest into a paste with a fork or a mortar and pestle. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in 1 tablespoon oil and mustard. Spread on the salmon. Bake until the flesh flakes easily with a fork, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse cranberries, shallot and serrano in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in apple, celery, vinegar, 1 tablespoon parsley and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Sprinkle the salmon with the remaining 1 tablespoon parsley and serve with the relish and lemon wedges.
- Calories: 229
- Fat: 8.8g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Sodium: 452mg
- Potassium: 603mg
- Carbohydrates: 7.6g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 28.6g
- Calcium: 1 mg
- Iron: 45 mg