Your vegetable curry is a quick, healthy and comforting supper fix after your day’s work. Serve this with naan or rice. Quick vegetable curry is also great when used as a jacket potato topping!
Ready in: 30min (Prep: 5min, Cook: 25min)
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Chopped onion – 1
- Garlic (crushed) – 2 cloves
- Curry powder – 2 1/2 tablespoons
- Tomato purée – 2 tablespoons
- Chopped tomatoes – 1 (400g) tin
- Vegetable stock – 1 cube
- Frozen mixed vegetables – 285g
- Water – 340ml (12 fl oz)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- And chopped fresh coriander to garnish.
- Over medium high heat, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic in a large saucepan until it turns golden.
- Stir in the tomato purée and curry powder, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt, mixed vegetables, vegetable stock cube, water and pepper to taste.
- Cook for about 20 to 30 minutes until the vegetables are well done; NB: Not crunchy.
- Next, sprinkle with fresh coriander before serving.