I believe this is the simplest and most delicious chicken recipe I know so far. The interesting part of it is that anyone can make it! Just roast a few extra whole garlic cloves and spread on crusty bread as a great starter to the meal.
Ready in: 1hr (Prep: 15min, Cook: 45min)
- New potatoes, cut in half – 225g (8 oz)
- Courgette (halved lengthwise and cut into 2.5cm slices) – 1
- Red onion (cut into 1.5cm thick wedges) – 1
- Red peppers (cut into 2.5cm pieces) – 2
- Cherry tomatoes – 12
- Garlic (minced) – 6 cloves
- Dried thyme – 1/2 teaspoon
- Crushed red chilli flakes – 1/4 teaspoon
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoon
- Skinless and boneless chicken breast fillets – 2
- Thinly sliced Parma ham – 4 slices
- And salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to about 2000C (Gas mark 6).
- First, place the courgette, potatoes, peppers, onion and tomatoes into a large bowl.
- Add the thyme, garlic and chilli flakes, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour in olive oil, and toss it until the vegetables are well coated with oil.
- Then, pour into a baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap each of the chicken breasts with two slices of prosciutto, and then secure each wrap with cocktail sticks.
- After cooking the vegetables for about 15 minutes, put the wrapped chicken on top of the vegetables. Continue the baking for about 30 minutes until the chicken becomes firm and turns opaque.
- Now remove the chicken from the baking dish, and leave it to rest for about 5 minutes.
- Before serving, remove the cocktail sticks from the chicken and divide the roasted vegetables among two dinner plates. Then slice each piece of the chicken into five diagonal slices, and then fan the chicken slices out on top of the vegetables.