Wrapped you chicken in greaseproof paper to trap all the mind blowing juices to keep it beautifully moist!
Ready in: 1hr 40min (Prep: 10min, Cook: 1hr 30min)
- A whole chicken – 1 (1.8kg)
- Large lemon (sliced) – 1
- Garlic (sliced) – 6 cloves
- Fresh thyme – 6 sprigs
- And salt and freshly ground black pepper to garnish
- Preheat the oven to about 1600C (gas mark 3).
- Place a large baking parchment or a sheet of greaseproof into the middle of the roasting tray. NB: the sheet should be large enough to wrap around the chicken and also fold over again.
- Now season the chicken with pepper and salt, stuff it with half of the lemon slices, and then place the breast side up in the middle of the paper.
- Sprinkle the thyme sprigs and garlic slices evenly over the chicken.
- Then lay your remaining slices of lemon over the breast.
- Form a loose parcel of chicken by folding the paper over the chicken.
- Bake the parcel of chicken in the preheated oven for about 1.5 to 2 hours until the chicken becomes cooked, or when the juices are no longer pink.