This is a healthy banana cake with a hint of cocoa. One square of this cake contains not more than 75 calories! Perfect, if you prefer cooking in small batches, and like to maintain your sugar and fat intake to a possible minimum.
Ready in:35min (Prep:10min, Cook:25min)
Makes: 12 mini squares
- Big ripe bananas – 2
- Big egg – 1 ball
- Greek yoghurt – 4 tablespoons
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Honey – 2 tablespoons
- Self-rising flour – 60g
- Buckwheat flour( any other type of flour can serve) – 60g
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Bicarbonate of soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
- Cocoa powder – 1 tablespoon
- Mash the bananas and mix it together with other wet ingredients (egg, yoghurt, vanilla and honey). In a separate bowl, sift the flours and add bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Fold the dry and wet ingredients together. Do this carefully until they combine together, but don’t over-mix.
- With your spoon turn 2/3 of the batter into a greased (23x23cm, 9×9 inch) baking tin.
- Then mix the remaining batter with the cocoa powder. Spoon this mixture on top of the plain batter, and swirl together until it becomes marbled. Use a knife or spatula to do it.
- Now bake in the preheated oven at about 180oC(Gas 4) for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool before cutting it into 12 pieces.
- If you have a sweet mouth, then you can easily make your own sweeter by upping the amount of honey. For a more conventional banana bread taste, add 4 – 8 tablespoons of stevia powder or granulated sugar to the ingredients.
- You can also have a great tastes great by spreading peanut butter, almond butter, jam or nutella on top.
Nutrition per square:
72 kcal; Protein 2.04g, Sugars 6.17g , Total Fat 0.66g; Sat Fat 0.17g, Total Carbohydrate 15.49g, Dietary Fiber 1.5g.