This delicious meal is so flavourful that you cannot afford to ignore it. Could you believe that you need only 5 main ingredients for the stew? The interesting part is here, you can actually eat it on its own. But I prefer serving it with mashed potatoes so that I can soak up the delicious sauce. Don’t forget to set some fresh mint aside for garnishing.
Ready in: 30min (Prep: 5min, Cook: 25min)
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Lamb leg steaks (cubed) – 400g
- Onion (sliced) – 1
- Punnet cherry tomatoes – 1 (500g)
- Butter beans (drained) – 1 (400g) tin
- A bunch of fresh mint
- And salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Over a high heat, brown the lamb for about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the sliced onion and cook it until it becomes slightly softened.
- Then sprinkle over it some mint leaves, pepper and salt and stir in the cherry tomatoes.
- Leave it to simmer for about 20 minutes: NB – Stir occasionally so that the tomatoes will cook down to make a sauce.
- Stir in butter beans and cook it until it warms through. Do this just before serving.
- Add the remaining mint leaves. Now serve!