Keto Queso Dip! Lovely name, lovely meal. What I love about this recipe is that it is super easy! There are lots of alterations you can do to original line of recipe for flavors for this meal, there are many things you can do with it, you could add broccoli or cauliflower to it as well, it’s based on your taste, even cheese can be added, it’s all about your taste and nothing more.
I think the only part you should look out for is the thickening or thickener, it’s very tricky actually, that is why I will suggest using xanthan gum. You need to be very careful here when adding the Xanthun gum till it is thick enough.
Ready in: 40mins ( Prep: 10 mins, Cook:30 mins)
- Xanthan gum – ⅛ teaspoon
- Shredded cheddar cheese – ¾ cup
- Shredded Gruyere cheese – 1 cup
- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Small onion, chopped – ½
- Whole pimento peppers – 6
- Heavy whipping cream – 1 cup
- Get a pot and melt your butter.
- Now you should add your sweet peppers and onions and, then saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Wait for the onions to clear then pour in your cream and stir for a while.
- Now the tricky part, add in your xanthan gum, then wait for a while to see if it becomes thick, then If it doesn’t thicken too much, add another ⅛ teaspoon.
- Then if your cream is thick and is bubbling, stir slowly in your cheddar cheese – add in bit by bit, a small handful at a time. Wait for the cheese to melt before adding more.
- Now add Gruyere cheese, bit by bit
- Now pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve with low-carb crackers and enjoy.
You could as well serve with veggies or probably, low-carb nachos.