Make your keto pizza pockets using mozzarella dough. It’s so easy making them with Almond flour mozzarella. Almond flour mozzarella dough is the pixie dust that changes this meal as it gives it a magical make over. One low-carb recipe you shouldn’t miss is this one.
Ready in: 15mins (Prep: 10 mins; Cook: 5 mins)
Servings :2 pizza pockets
- Pre-shredded/grated cheese mozzarella – 170 g
- Some tomato paste
- Mozzarella Dough
- A pinch salt to taste
- Almond flour – 85 g
- Cream cheese full fat – 2 tablespoon
- Some sliced mushrooms
- Medium-sized egg – 1
- Pizza Pocket Filling Knowledge
- Pre shredded or grated cheese
- Some pepperoni slices
- Some sliced peppers
- First and foremost, mix the shredded or grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Then add your cream cheese.
- Set your Microwave to HIGH and duration for 1 minute.
- Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
- Shortly, add egg, salt and mix lightly.
- Now take your time to roll your Keto cheese dough between 2 Pieces of baking papers. Make sure each roll is not too thin. It has to be sturdy and thick so that it can hold the pizza filings.
- Afterwards, remove the baking paper on the top.
- Now get to cutting the dough into squares which should be the same size as your toasted sandwich maker.
- Place one square on the bottom of the sandwich maker, add your choice of fillings.
- Place another square of dough on the top.
- Then, press the lid of the sandwich maker down and cook for 3-5 minutes until golden.
- You should get 4 pizza pockets from this recipe. However, the fillings are varied and additional. You may choose to be creative with the fillings.
- Mozzarella dough can also be replaced by the almond meal/flour with 1/4 cup of coconut flour.
- If you do not have a sandwich toaster, no problem. Simply cut the Keto cheese dough into 8 large squares and cook at 220C/425F for 12-15 minutes, or until golden.