There is something about the classic combination of salty Parmesan, fragrant basil and lemon that makes the flavor in a pesto dish superb. The zucchini noodles are complemented well with juicy chicken breast and nicely baked tomatoes that melt right in your mouth, leaving you with a natural sweetness as they pop, pop in your mouth.
Pesto pasta is the ultimate quick meal after a long grueling, it just so happens to work for me all the time after I have had a long day. However, I have tried to be just a little creative with it over the years, as I have begun to use spiralized zucchini in place of pasta, while pine nuts are my new replacements for walnuts, with the right flavors here and there, and with a little twist in the low-carb department,this recipe can still be a good, reliable Ketogenic diet.
Ready in: 40mins (Prep 10 mins, Cook 30 mIns)
- Medium-size chicken breasts (preferably skinless and boneless) – 2
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Pepper and Salt to taste
- Cherry tomatoes – 10
- Medium-size zucchini – 2
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Grated Parmesan – ¼ cup
- Olive oil – ¼ cup
- Basil – 1 cup
- Walnuts – ¼ cup
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Medium-size lemon, zest, and juice – ½
- First and foremost, make sure the oven is preheated to 400°F. Afterward, go on to put the chicken breasts on a baking sheet, then brush with one tablespoon of olive oil and then immediately, add seasoning .i.e cracked black pepper and salt and. Put in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Bring the chicken out of the oven and add tomatoes on the vine, then repeat brushing with olive oil. Place in the oven again and bake for 15 minutes further until it has a brown look.
- While you are at this, prepare the pesto by mixing together all the ingredients and blending it except the olive, as you get the pasta look expected, begin to slowly add olive oil and then stop the blender once the pasta is well mixed.
- Use a vegetable peeler to make zucchini ribbons to create your pasta
- Using a skillet with at most a tablespoon of olive oil, sauté the zucchini for 3 minutes till it feels soft. Now take it off the heat and stir the pesto
- Go on to assemble the dish by placing half of the pesto zucchini in each bowl. Add sliced chicken, baked tomatoes, and a fresh basil garnish.