Supper delicious and flavorful keto Thai shrimp soup. This keto instant pot Thai shrimp soup is super healthy as it is highly friendly for paleo, whole30, and low carb diets. Spiced up with lime, coconut, lemongrass, and garlic, you cannot afford to say no to this one.
This keto Thai shrimp soup is one of the best meals to go for, when it comes to quick delicacies that taste great. You can use tamari sauce to substitute the coconut aminos for low card.
Ready In: 15 (Prep Time: 6, Cook Time: 9)
Ingredients Yummy Thai Shrimp Soup
- Unsalted butter (you can use ghee) – 2 tablespoons
- Medium uncooked shrimp (peeled and deveined) – ½lb (225g)
- Yellow onion (diced) – ½
- Garlic (minced) – 2 cloves
- Chicken broth – 4 cups
- Fresh lime juice – 2 tablespoons
- Fish sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Red curry paste – 2½ teaspoon
- Coconut (you can use tamari sauce) – 1 tablespoons
- Lemongrass (smashed and finely chopped) – 1 stalk
- Sliced fresh white mushrooms – 1 cup
- Grated fresh ginger root – 1 tablespoons
- Sea salt – 1 teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper – ½ teaspoon
- 13.66-ounce can of unsweetened full-fat Coconut milk – 1 can
- Chopped fresh cilantro – 3 tablespoons
You may also like:
How to make Yummy Thai Shrimp Soup
- Set your instant pot to Sauté and allow it to heat up.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of butter and allow it to melt completely.
- Add the shrimp to the pot and stir till it curls and turns pink.
- Transfer the shrimp into a bowl and set it aside.
- Add the remaining butter into the instant pot and allow it to melt.
- Add in garlic and onion, and sauté till fragrance, or till onions become translucent. Press Cancel to stop sautéing.
- Then add the lime juice, fish sauce, chicken broth, coconut aminos, red curry paste, mushrooms, salt, ginger, lemongrass, and pepper. Stir mixture thoroughly.
- Close the lid and seal vent.
- Set the instant pot to High and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Once done, allow pressure to release naturally for about 5 minutes.
- Open the pot and add the coconut milk and shrimp into the pot.
- Set the pot to Sauté and bring to a boil.
Then press the Cancel button to stop.
- Allow the soup to settle for about 2 minutes before transferring to your serving bowl.
- Garnish with the cilantro and serve.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving – 1 cup)
- Calories: 200 kcal
- Carbs: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 13g
- Sugar: 3g