This recipe for sesame crispy beef is what I call “the keto-fied version of a classic dish”. The meal is commonly found in many Chinese restaurants, but not to worry. With daikon noodles, it’s still going to be keto-friendly and delicious like the usual. This dish is a must for Chinese food lovers. This is a great dish to make if you’re getting those hankerings for Chinese food.
Ready in: 1 hr (Prep:15 mins, Cook : 45 mins)
- Sriracha or Sambal Olek – 1 teaspoon
- Red Pepper Flakes – ½ teaspoon
- Toasted Sesame Seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Medium-size Red Pepper (sliced into thin strips) – ½
- Medium-size Jalapeno Pepper (sliced into thin rings) – ½
- Medium-size Green Onion (chopped) – 1
- Coconut Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Soy Sauce (can sub tamari or coconut aminos for GF/Paleo) – 4 tablespoon
- Sesame Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Oyster Sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Rice Vinegar – 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
- Medium Daikon Radish – 3/4 lb
- Ribeye Steak (sliced into ¼” strips) – 1 lb
- Coconut Flour – 1 tablespoon
- Guar Gum – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic, preferably minced – 1 clove
- Ginger, preferably minced – 1 teaspoon
- Liquid Stevia – 7 drops
- Oil for frying
- Get your spiralizer ready and also start preparing the daikon noodles for this recipe. Now slice the daikon radish, you should then be left with noodle-like strings. Now that the entire daikon radish has been peeled, now go on to soak the noodles for 20 minutes in a bowl of cold water.
- Now get your knife and chop your ribeye steak into small strips, preferably 1/4″ in thickness.
- Next thing you should do is to place the ribeye steak in a bowl, then get your coconut flour and pour the coconut flour and guar gum over the meat so as to have all the pieces coated. This flour will help to create a crispy beef texture. So you should leave it for 10 minutes.
- Now get all your vegetables Prepared. Now Slice the Red Pepper into thiny strips while the jalapeno should be sliced into some thiny rings as well, green onion, minced garlic and ginger should also be sliced into small pieces as well.
- Get your pan ready and heat your coconut oil on medium heat. When it’s hot,then add ginger, garlic, and red pepper strips. Then fry everything for 2 minutes and careful not to burn it. Now get your soy sauce and add it,then also sesame oil, rice vinegar, add oyster sauce, stevia and also sriracha. Stir all together and cook for 2 minutes. Shortly after that, add sesame seeds and red pepper flakes to sauce mixture and whisk all together.
- While cooking your vegetables, get a large pot or fryer and heat your oil on high heat until it reaches 325 degrees F. Now that the oil is on the proper temperature you should add beef strips. Fry both sides of the meat by turning the sides so that it can be fried well, do not fry for more than two to three minutes, your meat is done when you see the brown crust on the meat.
- Now, wait no more, remove the beef from the oil and place on paper towels so as to remove excess oil.
- Next thing you want to do is to put the beef into the pan containing the sauce,then stir to mix everything properly, now cook for 2 minutes to bring out the flavors of the meat and sauce together. Then get your plates and serve.
To garnish it some more before serving, add some jalapeno slices and green onion.