Crumbly, creamy and tender. Let the Cabbage take you to a whole different level!
Ready in: 37 minutes (Prep Time: 20 minutes)
- Crushed turkey – 1lb
- Milled chicken – 1lb
- Rice (uncooked) – 6 cups
- Big shredded carrots – 7
- Big onions shredded – 3
- Sour cream – 3/4 cup
- Mashed tomatoes – 1 can
- Water – 1 cup
- Chopped dill – 2 tablespoons
- Big cabbage – 1
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Place whole cabbage into the Instant Pot, add 11/2 cup of water and cook at high pressure for 7 minutes..
- Strain vegetables( carrot and onions) to remove water and set aside
- Set Instant pot at Sauté settings, add a tablespoon of olive oil, vegetables, salt and pepper and cook for 15minutes until soft but not burnt
- Meanwhile, Remove cabbage and separate leaves from each other and cut off the stem from the bottom of the cabbage. .
- Now into the vegetables add dill, tomato puree and sour cream, mix and steam for a few seconds then set aside
- Place the meat and rice into a bowl place chicken and turkey into a bowl and mix with the rice. Next add ½ of the vegetables into this mixture. Add more salt and pepper into the mix if needed
- Take each cabbage leave and then place 2 tablespoon of cabbage into them ( or 1 tablespoon if the leaves are smaller) fold the ends of the cabbage to form a little parcel just like a burrito
- Add the 1/3 of the other half of the mixture into the instant pot, add the stuffed (parcel like) cabbages . Ensure there is no overlap, then add another layer of stuff cabbage until all is exhausted
- Place into it, ½ a cup of water and then close and seal the Instant Pot. Set to stew/meat and cook for 17 minutes. Serve immediately