On a picnic day, this yummy recipe can bring delight to your whole family, and it works well with orange juice.
Ready in : 30mins (Prep time: 15mins; Cook: 15mins)
- Chicken breast (diced in 1 inch chunks) – 2 lbs
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
For the sauce
- Juice of orange – 1 cup
- Diced ginger – 1 tablespoon
- Diced garlic – 6 cloves
- Rice wine – 1 tablespoon
- Tomato sauce (optional) – 1/2 cup
- Grainy sugar – ¼ cup
- Brown sugar – ¼ cup
- Soy sauce – ¼ cup
- Sriracha – 1 tablespoon
- For the juice mixture
- Cornstarch – 2 tablespoons
- Juice from orange – 2 tablespoons
- Green onions (diced) – 4
- Orange zest – 1.2 cup
- Make sure chicken has no moisture before cutting
- Sauté chicken for 2-3 minutes in Instant pot until brown
- Add ¼ orange juice and make sure it does not stick to the pot as it may burn.
- Mix in 3/4 cups of orange juice, minced garlic, ginger, soy sauce, white sugar, brown sugar, rice wine, orange zest and Sriracha sauce.
- Mix in tomato sauce, if you are using.
- Set to high pressure and cook for 5 minutes
- Mix cornstarch and orange juice and add to the pot. Cook at low heat for 2 to 3 minutes
- Remove heat and allow to stand for about 5 minutes, it should thicken as it does
- Serve with rice and toppings.