Making lasagna with your instant pot can save you a lot of time. Though there are many shortcuts on how to make instant pot lasagna casserole, we decided to use this healthy and easy recipe because it is verified as one of the best lasagna recipes.
Get your lasagna ready within an hour with this super easy recipe. At the end we broiled it to bring out its awesome color – this last step is optional. So, if you do not have oven or you don’t feel like doing it, do not bother. Just enjoy your lasagna the way that will make you happier. If you have oven, you can also check out this super yummy spaghetti squash lasagna casserole recipe.
Ready In: 1 hour (Prep Time: 15 mins; Cook Time: 45 mins)
Ingredients For Lasagna Casserole
- Extra-virgin olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Medium yellow onion (chopped) – 1/2
- Dried oregano – 1 teaspoon
- Red pepper flakes (crushed) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground beef – 1 lb
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Marinara sauce (divided) – 3 cups
- Ricotta cheese – 2 cups
- Egg (lightly beaten) – 1 cup
- Freshly grated Parmesan – 1/2 cup
- Freshly chopped basil – 1/4 cup (plus more for garnish)
- Cooking spray
- Lasagna noodles (boiled to al dente) – 9
- Shredded mozzarella – 2 cups
How To Make Lasagna Casserole
- Set your instant pot to Sauté, add the oil to the pot and heat it.
- Add the onion and heat for about 5 minutes, or till it becomes soft.
- Add the red pepper flakes and oregano, and cook for 1 minute or till fragrant.
- Put the beef to the pot mixture and cook until it’s pink color disappears. Remember to stir occasionally.
- Then season with pepper and salt.
- Transfer the beef from the pot onto a bowl
- Add 2½ cups of marinara to the bowl and toss thoroughly to combine.
- Put the egg, ricotta, basil, and parmesan to another bowl and stir thoroughly to combine. Then season the mixture with pepper and salt.
- Now, use the cooking spray to spray an 8-inch springform pan.
- Spread ¼ cup of the marinara on the inside bottom of the pan.
- Trimming to fit the pan, add a layer of the noodles to the pan.
- Top the noodles with ½ of the ricotta mixture.
- Add beef mixture to the layer.
- Then, sprinkle with ½ cup of the mozzarella.
- Add another layer of the noodles on top.
- Spread the remaining mixture of ricotta on top.
- Also, top with the beef mixture.
- Then add more noodles on top with the remaining marinara and mozzarella.
- Add 1 ¼ cup of water to the instant pot.
- Fit trivet in the instant pot and place the lasagna (stack) on the trivet.
- Close the lid and seal the vent.
- Set the instant pot to high pressure and cook for 22 minutes.
- Once done, allow the pressure to release naturally for about 10 minutes before quick releasing.
- Finally, set your oven to high and broil the lasagna for about 3 minutes, or until it turns to gold. (Optional).
- Allow the lasagna to cool down for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the extra basil and serve.