Perfect for family meal. This instant pot kalua pork recipe is a nice idea for family meal. It can serve up to 8-10 persons. Not only that the kalua pork will serve many, everyone will definitely like it because kalua pork is a no-brainer especially when prepared with smoked paprika and green cabbage. Have a fun filled meal time today with your loved ones.
Ready In: 1 hour 40 minutes (Prep Time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes)
Ingredients for Kalua Pork
- Pork butt (bone removed and cut into large chunks) – 5 pounds
- Alaea Hawaiian Sea Salt – 1 tablespoon
- Smoked paprika – 1 teaspoon
- Water – 1 cup
- Green cabbage (sliced) – 1 head
How to make Kalua Pork with Instant Pot
- Mix the paprika and seas salt together in a bowl.
- Sprinkle and rub the mixture over the pork chunks to coat through.
- Put the pork chunks inside your instant pot liner.
- Add water to the pot and close the lid.
- Set the instant pot to Manual and set the timer to 90 minutes.
- Once done, allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Transfer the pork to a bowl and cover the bowl to keep it warm.
- Add the cabbage to the sauce in the instant pot.
- Stir thoroughly to coat completely.
- Set the instant pot to Manual once again and set timer to 3 minutes.
- Once done, quick release the pressure.
- Now, add the cabbage to the pork chunks.
- Stir to combine well.
- Serve. You can serve with potato salad, hamburger buns, rice, etc.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
- Calories: 403kcal
- Carbs: 6g
- Protein: 54g
- Fat: 16g