Cheap, easy, quick, yummy and healthy Instant Pot Dal recipe. This Indian Lentil Dal recipe is all you need right now to make your cooking time worthwhile and stress-free. Just few minutes and you will have your Indian Dal meal ready. Don’t tell me you want to miss this; it taste great!
Ready In: 30 mins (Prep time: 10 mins, Cook time: 20 mins)
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
- Large yellow onion (chopped) – 1
- Garlic (minced) – 4 cloves
- Minced ginger – 1 tablespoon
- Ground cumin – 1 teaspoon
- Ground turmeric – 1 teaspoon
- Curry powder – 1 tablespoon
- Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne – ¼ teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Dried brown (or red) lentils – 1½ cups
- Water – 3 cups
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Tomatoes (chopped) – 2
- Fresh cilantro (chopped) – ¼ cup + extra for garnish
How to make Indian Dal Recipe
- Set your Instant Pot to ‘Sauté’.
- Add the oil and heat it up.
- Add onion to the pot and heat to translucency.
- Stir in the ginger, turmeric, garlic, curry, cayenne, cumin, garam, and mustard seeds.
- Cook for 1 minute or till fragrant.
- Press the ‘Cancel’ to stop.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes, lentils, salt and water.
- Mix thoroughly, seal the lid and close pressure valve.
- Set to Pressure Cook for 10 minutes.
- Once it’s done allow it to stay for extra 10 minutes before releasing the pressure valve.
- Add the chopped cilantro and stir.
- Top with extra cilantro and serve over your basmati rice.