Learn how I prepare the popular Honey Garlic Chicken recipe. The interesting combo of garlic, honey and soy sauce always guarantees mouthwatering results. The interesting gist: Making this delicious recipe in an Instant Pot makes the chicken get pressure cooked to tender, juicy and moist. Then the meat will fall off the bones!
Ready in: 20min (Prep: 5min, Cook: 15min)
- Salt & Ground black pepper
- Cooking oil – 1 tablespoon
- Chicken thighs – 4 (1.5lbs)
- Minced garlic – 4 cloves
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Honey – 3 tablespoons
- Sugar/Brown sugar – 1 teaspoon
- Soy sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Water – 3 tablespoons (I prefer chicken broth)
- Cayenne pepper – 3 dashes
- First wash the chicken thighs with cold water.
- Pat dry the chicken thighs with paper towels.
- Then use salt and pepper to season the chicken thighs and set aside.
- Mix all other ingredients in the Sauce and stir thoroughly to mix well; making sure that the sugar and honey completely dissolve. Then set aside.
- Put on the Sauté mode on your Instant Pot.
- Add ½ tablespoon of cooking oil immediately the pot get fully heated (this prevents the chicken from sticking on the pot).
- Now use pan to sear the chicken thighs until both sides turn brown. Tip: Put the skin side down first.
- Then add the remaining oil.
- Sauté the garlic a bit and pour in the sauce.
- Cover your pot and select Manual. Set it to High pressure for 10 minutes.
- When your pot beeps, turn it to Quick Release.
- Remove the cover carefully once the valve drops,
- Finally, add the chopped parsley and serve immediately.
- I made use of 6-quart Instant Pot.
- Also note that the sauce I used for this recipe equals 8 tablespoons of liquid content, which makes up the 1/2 cup min. amount of liquid required for Instant Pot.
- You need to double the quantity of sauce if you like it saucy.
- If you are using chicken breast instead of thigh you need to double the sauce and also pressure cook for 8 minutes so the chicken don’t get too dry.