You would definitely feel like you have won a battle after you have fallen in love with this Keto delight. Quiche Loraine is so easy to make that it feels like you are cheating the gods of food. It’s actually a good alternative to brunch, a worthy alternative for that matter.
What I love about it is that I don’t get to worry about washing a lot of plates, but still gets the full package. I wash less plates while I still enjoy my meal . It’s stuffed hard with bacon and gooey, with a touch of Swiss cheese. The eggs are creamy and yummy, practically melting in your mouth while you are eating the Lorraine.
Ready in: 50mins (Prep:15 mins; Cook: 35mins)
- Bacon – 8 slices
- Large eggs – 4
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Nutmeg – ¼ teaspoons
- Heavy whipping cream – 1½ cups
- Shredded Swiss cheese – 1 cup (85g)
- Shredded Swiss cheese – 1/3 cup (25g)
- Pepper to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to the medium saute setting. After that, get to chopping up of the bacon slices and fry until they are crispy. After you are done, now set the bacon aside on a paper towel.
- Get your mixing bowl and whisk and turn together the eggs, heavy whipping cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper to taste, whisk thoroughly till you get a silky, smooth mixture.
- Now grease the inside of a 6 inch cake pan thoroughly. Get your cheese and add a cup of shredded Swiss cheese.
- Now take the cooked bacon and have it crumbled then add it into the cake pan.
- After a while, pour the egg batter into the cake pan.
- Then place the steam rack right inside the Instant Pot and add some water, precisely one cup Carefully place the cake pan inside the Instant Pot and also on top of the steam rack. Cover the cake pan foil if you’d like.
- Now lock the lid of the Instant Pot then select high pressure, also the timer should be set for 25 minutes. let it sit for 10 minutes after the cooking is done before performing a quick pressure release. (Sometimes the lock has already released on its own by then.)
- Remove the cake pan from the pressure cooker carefully. Use towel to pat water from the top.
- Top with the remaining 1/3 cup of shredded Swiss cheese. Place in a broiler for up to 5-10 minutes or till the cheese has a brown coloration. You could also use the broiler in a toaster oven as a faster alternative.
- Afterwards, run a silicone spatula around the edges of the quiche. Now flip carefully out onto a plate or tray, then flip out onto your serving plates.