Would you love to enjoy a nice plate of beans soup without the hurdles of cooking for many hours? Well this recipe cooks this awesome recipe cooks in 1 hour.
Duration: 1hr. 40mins (Prep: 40mins; Cook: 1hr)
- Dry Black beans (filtered of chaffs) – 2 ½ cups
- White onion (medium size) – 1
- Chilli powder – 4 teaspoon
- Powdered curmin – 1 ½
- Bay leaves – 2
- Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoon
- Kosher salt – 2 teaspoon
- Grated Black pepper
- Sliced avocado and cilantro leaves; chopped scallion and lime wedges ; sour cream for servings
- Place the oil into the Instant Pot and set to simmer (not smoke)
- Add chopped onions and stir until soft and shiny
- Add to the Pot ; garlic, curmin, oregano and chili powder and then stir
- Add water to the pots (7 cups)
- Add Beans and Bay leaves
- Set to cook at high pressure for I hr.
- After 1hr, Set aside a cup of beans for future use
- Pour the rest of the Beans into an immersion blender and blend until smooth and pasty. Remember to add a tablespoon of salt when blending.
- Add the reserved potion to the mashed mixture, add a bit of salt and pepper and then stir.
- Serve with the cilantro, avocados, lime wedge and sour cream