This Instant Pot Aloo Palak Dal recipe which is also known as Vegan Aloo Palak Dal recipe is a perfect meal for all vegans. No one can taste this supper yummy Aloo Palak Dal and say no to it. It is richly packed with healthy ingredients like turmeric, garlic, masala, etc. Super easy to prepare and also fast. Thus, having this recipe to know how to make Instant Pot Aloo Palak Dal is a great step towards veganism. Try this out and let’s see the outcome.
Ready In: 40 mins (Prep Time: 10 mins, Cook Time: 30 mins)
- Uncooked brown lentils (sabut masoor) – 1/3 cup
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Garlic (minced) – 4 cloves
- 1-inch ginger (minced) – 1
- Hot green chile (chopped) – 1
- Large tomatoes (chopped) – 2
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1/4 tsp
- Cardamom – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Medium potatoes (cubed) – 2
- Salt – 3/4 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Spinach (or a combination of greens) – 5-6 oz
How to make Instant Pot Aloo Palak Dal
- First soak the lentils for 1 hour or more, and drain it before using.
- Set your instant Pot to Sauté over medium pressure.
- Add the oil, garlic, chile and ginger, and cook till mixture turns translucent.
- Add the spices and tomatoes.
- Cook till the tomatoes become tender.
- Mash mixture for at least 4 minutes.
- Then add the lentils, potatoes, salt and water. Mix thoroughly.
- Also add the spinach and mix again.
- Now seal the lid and set your instant pot to Manual on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally after the 8 minutes.
- Open and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Garnish it with pepper flakes, cilantro, and lemon.
- Serve over flatbread, roti or rice.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 212kcal
- Carbs: 38g
- Fat: 2g
- Protein: 11g