Important Documents Required For A UK Work Permit

Some time ago, the former British prime minister, Mr. Boris Johnson, made an announcement about bringing back a 2-year stay in the kingdom with a post-study program for international students. This announcement brought so much joy and cheer to international students who look to make their livelihood there. This visa can actually allow people to search for a job within the period, depending on their eligibility.

Now, the next thing to wonder about is: how can one acquire this job permit in the UK. In this article, we shall be taking you through the gradual process of acquiring a UK work visa and the necessary work documents needed to actualize this.

UK work visa

The UK allows students who are eligible to secure a UK work visa, also known as a Tier 2 general visa, after finishing their studies if they are eligible to do so. After a successful acquisition of the visa, students can now successfully go ahead and apply for different kinds of jobs.

The students are also required to get a job with the licensed Tier 4 sponsor within a time frame of at least 3 months after completing their application for the Tier 2 work visa.

This process can also be a pathway to permanent residency through obtaining an indefinite leave to remain visa. Applicants can file for this visa after the completion of a five-year stay in the kingdom, maybe after studies or work. However, obtaining this visa might take up to six months.

UK work visa eligibility

For you to be able to acquire a UK work permit, there are certain requirements that must be met, such as the following:

  • There’s something on the point table that needs you to score at least 70 points on matters such as age, skills, qualifications, salary earned, etc.
  • The applicant must at least have a bachelor’s degree or any equivalent degree with a minimum of two years of work experience. The occupation you intend to enter must be on the list of eligible occupations.
  • Having a legit job offer from a home office-licensed sponsor is compulsory. The job offer is meant to be among the required skill levels for it to be valid — RQF 3 or higher.
  • The work visa applicant must have a grade of at least B1 in English.
  • The expected general salary for first-time applicants is GBP 20,800, and 30,000 GBP for experienced applicants.

It is the duty of the employer to give out a certificate of sponsorship to the person aspiring for the work permit because, without this, you cannot kick-start the application process.

How to apply for a UK work Visa

Before you submit your request for a UK work visa, there are three steps to follow, such as:

Ensure you’ve received a letter of employment from the company you intend to work for or a licensed employer that is allowed to sponsor employees that are not in the country.

You will only be hired after verifications of the necessary skills needed for the job are done and you’ve met all the important qualifications and requirements to be eligible for the work visa.

After all the necessary conditions have been met, one will be issued a certificate of sponsorship.

Sponsored license

A sponsorship license must be obtained by the employer. The employer is required to make an application directly to UKVI — UK Visas and Immigration—and then a thorough assessment will be done for the eligibility of the applicant, and then the process will be completed.

If the applicant is not a residential entity already in the UK, the employer identifies them as the person they would like to apply for the COS. It is only after the COS has been received that the applicant can now go ahead and apply for the skilled worker visa.

The applicant can get their visa permit within five days by actually paying an extra charge of 500 GBP.

Work permit A visa to the UK is usually granted for 3 years or more. The maximum time it lasts is five years, after which the applicant has to apply for an extension.

Applying for a visa outside the UK

The visa should be applied for at VFS offices available in your country.

There will be a need for you to prove your country, provide the necessary documents, and prove your identity.

It is also good to keep in mind that an appointment process might be needed for these to be done.

Documents required for a UK work visa

In order for you to put in an application for the UK skilled work visa, the following documents are needed:

  • The reference number of the person who is applying’s certificate of sponsorship
  • Name of employer and address
  • The sponsorship license number of the employer
  • A valid passport or any other legit identity-based document that signifies the applicant’s nationality and identity
  • Title of the job.
  • Annual salary.
  • Occupation code of the job.

Other required documents are as follows:

Yes, you may need to be in possession of other valid documents in order to succeed in your UK work permit chase.

  • You may be asked to provide evidence of having enough finances to be able to support yourself in the kingdom. These include bank statements, deposits, etc. Well, if your certificate of sponsorship signifies that your employer will support you financially, then there wouldn’t be a need for this.
  • Proof to show your relationship with your dependents, which includes your partner or your children if they are included in the application.
  • Test results for tuberculosis are based on your country of origin.
  • A criminal record certificate is needed to know about your past criminal records and whether you’ve been convicted or not.
  • If your qualifications were received outside the UK, then you’ll have to apply via ECCTIS.
  • If English is not your first language and the documents you are submitting aren’t in English, then there has to be a proper translation.
  • If you’ve been a resident of at least two or more countries, you will be required to provide a certificate from each country that you’ve lived in. This is based solely on your age and how long you have lived in those countries.
  • If the applicants are less than 28 years of age, they will need a certificate from any of the countries they’ve lived in for a total of 12 months or more since the age of 18. However, if they are aged 28 and above, they will require a certificate from any of the countries where they have lived for the last ten years.

Leave a Comment