Don’t waste time soaking! This instant pot hummus with garbanzo beans recipe does not require any soaking. So, it saves you time and stress. All you need is just to discard every stone present in the garbanzo beans, and then cook it in your instant pot with enough water. Check the direction below for the easy step-by-step guide.
Just make out your time and prepare this. Yummy to the point that you would want to make it again. Very light, creamy, and smooth that you cannot afford to say no to it. When processing for the hummus, remember not to add the extra olive oil at once. Add it 1 tablespoon at a time, and ensure you do it gradually.
Ready In: 1 hour (Prep Time: 25 mins, Cook Time: 35 mins)
Ingredients for Hummus With No Soak Garbanzo Beans
- Dried garbanzo beans (rinsed) – 1 pound
- Filtered water – 12 cups
- Cooked garbanzo beans (warm) – 3 cups
- Warm bean cooking liquid – 1/2 cup
- Tahini – 1/4 cup
- Medium garlic – 2 cloves
- Large lemon (juiced) – 1
- Kosher salt – 1 teaspoon
- Ground cumin – 1/2 teaspoon
- Smoked paprika – 1/4 teaspoon
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1/4 cup
You may also like:
How to make Hummus With No Soak Garbanzo Beans
For the Beans:
- Ensure that no stone is in the rinsed garbanzo. Put the garbanzo in your instant pot insert.
- Add 12 cups of water to the pot.
- Close the lid and seal the vent.
- Set the instant pot to manual and cook for 35 minutes.
- Once done, allow the pressure to release naturally for at least minutes. Then quick release.
- Drain the water and preserve the liquid.
For the Hummus:
- Add 3 cups of the drained garbanzo beans to your food processor.
- Except the olive oil, add other ingredients.
- Then process the mixture till it becomes well blended and smooth.
- Add the olive oil gradually while processing – 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Transfer to your serving plate and top with smoked paprika, za’atar. Drizzle small olive oil on top.
- Then serve.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving – 0.25 cup)
- Calories: 106kcal
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g