Whether it’s a summer picnic, an Easter brunch, potlucks or parties, deviled eggs are a perfect recipe for all types of gatherings. This recipe combines very simple ingredients to make the tastiest deviled eggs ever.
With just hard boiled eggs, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, salt and pepper, you can make wonderful and definitely delicious deviled eggs. For an extra touch of flavor, you can add a sprinkle of paprika….that makes it just PERFECT!
Deviled eggs are so very easy to make and can even be made easier by hard boiling your eggs ahead of time. Now it is important to make sure that the eggs are perfectly boiled – not over boiled and definitely not under boiled. You can watch this video to learn how to boil the perfect hard boiled eggs.
This deviled egg recipe is very simple and classic, but who says you can’t have fun with deviled eggs? To jazz up your deviled eggs, make them sweeter, savory or spicy, you can add a whole lot of other ingredients. These include sriracha sauce, bacon, jalapeno, goat cheese, shallots and so on. You can equally add herbs like dill, tarragon and basil. Just get creative and make exciting combinations. Let me know in the comment section how it goes!
Oh! One more thing. To make the deviled eggs more beautiful and pleasing to the eyes, you can use a piping bag to fill the egg cavities with the yolk mixture…it’s sooo pretty I tell you. The deviled eggs can be stored for up to 2 days in a sealed storage container.
Total time: 34 minutes (Prep time: 20mins, Cook time: 14mins)
Ingredients For How To Make Classic Deviled Eggs
- Eggs (large) – 6
- Mayonnaise – 3 tablespoons
- Dijon mustard – 1 teaspoon
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Paprika – for garnish
How To Make Classic Deviled Eggs
- Heat a pot of water and bring to a boil. Reduce or turn off heat to ensure the water is no longer boiling. Place the eggs in the water using a skimmer. Then, turn the heat back on to high and set a timer for 14 minutes.
- While the eggs are boiling, prepare an ice water bath. Set aside.
- After 14 minutes, remove eggs from boiling water and place them in the ice water bath.
- Peel the eggs once they are completely cooled and slice them in half lengthwise. Remove the yolk with a spoon and place in a small bowl. Place the egg whites on a plate as well.
- Mash the yolks with a fork or spoon. Add in mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and vinegar. Stir well to combine.
- Add a portion of the yolk mixture to the cavity of each egg white. This can be done with a spoon or using a piping bag. Sprinkle on paprika to garnish. Enjoy!
- Calories – 125.3kcal
- Carbohydrates – 0.7g
- Protein – 6.4g
- Fat – 10.5g
- Cholesterol – 189.4mg
- Sodium – 125.7
- Sugar – 0.6g