If you still cook your bacon over the stove top, then you’ve probably never tried an oven-baked bacon. When it comes to the most evenly-cooked, perfectly crispy bacon, nothing beats bacon cooked in the oven. It’s simply PERFECT!
Let me tell you why you should cook your bacon in the oven henceforth – or at least, give it a try. First of all, you know all that mess you always have to clean up after cooking bacon on the stove top? The splatters and hot spots on the pan?There’s nothing of the sort when you oven-bake the bacon. Cooking bacon in the oven is way cleaner and saves you so much stress.
What more? Cooking bacon in the oven ensures they are evenly cooked and as crispy as you like it..without getting burnt. It’s also very easy and time-saving. It gives you the opportunity to whip up some waffles or poach an egg while your glorious bacon is cooking in the oven. Lastly, it’s perfect for when you have to cook for a crowd.
Bacon grease adds additional flavour and depth to dishes when added to them, so I’d advice that you render and save it for future use. It can be used to fry eggs, sear meat and great for roasted or sauteed vegetables.
You can store leftovers in the fridge for a few days if there’s any. Cooked bacon lasts for about 4-5 days in the fridge and several weeks in the freezer. Bacon grease also lasts for months in the fridge.
Total time: 20 minutes (Prep time: 5 mins, Cook time: 15 mins)
Ingredients For How To Bake Bacon In The Oven
How To Bake Bacon In The Oven
- Turn on oven and preheat to 400°F.
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper and arrange the bacon side-by-side on the tray.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until you’ve achieved your desired level of crispiness.
- Line a plate with paper towel and transfer the cooked bacon to it with a tong.
- To render the bacon grease, line a fine-mesh sieve with paper towel and place the sieve over a glass storage container (make sure it’s glass and not plastic as the hot grease will melt the plastic). Pour the bacon grease from the sheet tray into the sieve. Cover the storage container and store in the refrigerator.
- Calories – 366kcal
- Protein – 11g
- Carbohydrates – 1g
- Sodium – 582mg
- Cholesterol – 58mg